Friday, August 29, 2008

Our new friend the scythe

Brad wanted to get a scythe for a while, we asked around locally

"do you sell scythes?" - Brad
blank stare
"you know - the thing the grim reaper holds" - Brad
"oh - no I dont think so..."

Well we got one a few weeks ago from the US, from scythe supply. Its set up to fit Brad, so since I'm short its not quite right for me, so I haven't been able to play, well, that and the fact that I don't have ANY time anyway... Brad has now mowed our lawn - front and back - HEAPS quicker than with the lawn mower - I think we were both a little suprised - and this is someone with NO experience in using a scythe. Its just lovely, really lovely. We have now grand plans to grow wheat, grind it and make bread etc etc, thats with all the spare time we have - HAHA!

I think this video will inspire the sceptics about this beautiful tool - it certainly got me inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment